MLA 7th Edition
To arrange all the information properly means to put everything on its places. The same concerns the reference list of the paper. Each university demands special rules according to which all Academic Works have to be made.
Very often we faced with the rather wide spread problems – what to write in the Academic Writing and how to do it properly?
- As to the first question, the answer is very simple. At first, you should talk with your science leader about the theme of the work, decided on the main keynotes, and make a step-by-step list. After these acts, start to collect and select information. The used information should revealed the main theme of your paper, confirm the statement, and add some new information. It has to be right and placed in the laconic way. There shouldn`t be any moot points and inaccuracies. Everything has to be clear and made in essence. To make a work more colorful and, of course to avoid plagiarism we have to use citations in our Academic Writing. Quotes or citations will help us to make our paper more vivid and not be accused of plagiarism. But it is extremely important to make all the quotes in the correct order and way. And in this case, the answer on the second question becomes popular.
With the help of the below types of different styles, you can answer on the second question. The variety of the styles amazed. Among the most popular are:
- APA Style, Chicago Style, Harvard Style, MLA Style, IEEE Style, OSCOLA Style, and MRHA Style. But some of the styles aren`t very popular, nevertheless, they still exist: AIP Style, Oxford Style, CBE Style, ACS Style, and NLM Style. However, we would like to point some features of the MLA Style, which is one of the most wide spread and widely used one.
MLA Style – stands for the Modern Language Association. The present style is used for the Academic Writings on different themes in literature and foreign languages. The main guideline of the above style is the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Paper (MLA 7th Edition). The mentioned code of rules contains all the requirements and demands, which have to be observed in the MLA Style work.
In accordance to the MLA 7th Edition, certain rules have to be observed. Among them are:
- The title of the Academic Writing should be italics, any underlining shouldn`t be used;
- The reference list should be placed after the main body of the Academic Writing. The bibliography can contain books, encyclopedias, different articles, electronic resources, dictionaries, etc. But all the used elements should be placed according to the MLA Style Order. The author`s last name should come first, then his name, name of the book, publishers, year of publishing, and prink. All the above components have to be separated by commas, and in the end of the line, the full stop should be placed.
- The quantity of authors can be various. In the case, if there are two, three or multiple of them, all the surnames should be mentioned. One and the main thing – is the necessity to put all the bibliography into the alphabetic order. But, you shouldn`t replace the order of several authors between themselves. If there are many of them, you can write “et al.”;
- If in some electronic resources there is lack of information, the MLA 7th Edition provides special rules, according to which in PDF and HTML texts only paragraphs numbers and pagination should be provided;
- When you don`t know the author of the work, you should alphabetize everything according to the book`s title;
- As to the electronic resources, in spite the whole above information, it is necessary to put the name of the URL;
- If the page numbers are unavailable, you can write the phrase “n.pag.”.
- As to the in-text citation, it is made in the order of author`s surname and the pages of the source from which the information was taken. The whole citation should be placed in parentheses.
We can help you write your “type of paper”
How to make it in the right way?
The whole information is gathered, all the elements are checked, and everything is combined together. It looks like the perfect Academic Writing work. But you have some doubts in the correctness of your statements, in certain order of the bibliographic list and the right citations making.
If you are not sure, you should consult to the MLA 7th Edition, which is available on the web site of each university, of course, if it accepts the MLA Style of writing. And if you can`t find the necessary information or it is rather complex and hard for the understanding, you can use it from our web site. Here you can find the needed information, check you yourself, look through the various of examples. All the information is presented in the laconic way and divided into several chapters. So, go ahead! Write a nice Academic Writing work with the help of our MLA 7th Edition guideline.