What is a persuasive essay?
Persuasive essays enable students to articulate their own perspective about worldview affairs. Unluckily, many students obtain poor result on such assignments because of selecting undeveloped or poor topics. It is advisable for students to understand the characteristics of an effective argumentative essay. First, an efficient topic needs to be relevant. This implies more than simply selecting a topic associated with an individual’s coursework. There are many topics which once were believed relevant, but currently are no longer significant. It is appropriate to select a topic that the lecturer and fellow students will like in order to draw their attention.
How to select a good argumentative or persuasive essay topic?
Secondly, a good topic should be defended. Many students choose topics that they are unable to defend or support adequately. Arguments should be well researched to make certain only individuals with outstanding knowledge in the course may refute the findings. Sometimes, students select topics which are disapproved (weak persuasive essay topic). This hinders students’ capability to defend their claims. Thirdly, argumentative topics need to be emotional. The selected topics need to stir certain emotion. This implies that topics should be associated with real human experience. It is important for students to provide stories that demonstrate their claims and inspires their readers emotionally. Another challenge is that many students select topics which are not well defined. They need to develop their topics using concrete ideas. Please find more free
persuasive essay topics on this page here.
Let our writers help you with your assignment!
Tips on writing a persuasive paper
Furthermore, associated with the need to develop an emotional essay is the idea of creating the topics that are applicable to the target readers. Being able to defend individuals’ claims using relevant evidence is a vital consideration. The point here is to ensure the argumentative essay is purposeful, provoke actions, inspire emotions and stir readers’ minds. Argumentative essay structure should be applicable. This means that they should be purposeful to readers. Moreover, they should be defensible, relevant, concrete and emotional. These are the guidelines that indicate that a student understands what he or she is supposed to discuss.
50 best argumentative and persuasive essay topics:
- Animal testing, do you think it is a necessary thing or a savage?
- Animals, should they be entitled to enjoy some rights?
- Are fast foods killing or safely feeding us?
- Are traditional medicine alternative drugs?
- Can all human beings become vegetarians?
- Cell phones have changed human live. What are their negative and positive effects?
- Certain state governments have legalized euthanasia. Is this act a crime or an acceptable killing?
- Certain states have legalized marijuana. Should it be banned or accepted?
- Consider death penalty; is it an essential intervention or a practice of the past?
- Consider globalization process; is it a negative or positive aspect?
- Do feminism perspectives have detrimental or positive influence on women’s lives nowadays?
- Do huge or small families good for nurturing children?
- Do interactions in social media site a great invention?
- Do you agree with Iraq war or are you against the war?
- Do you think any person can become rich?
- Do you think education is the most vital aspect in the third world countries?
- Do you think genetic research ruins humanity or enhances human lives?
- Do you think hunting is good or harmful to the environment?
- Do you think teenage marriages should be legalized?
- Do you think wearing school uniform is an essential (necessary) thing?
- Does God really exist?
- Forest destruction is a criminal offense against mother earth
- Impacts of video games shown at schools
- Is abortion a murder act?
- Is democracy the best way of governing the society?
- Is facebook an important innovation? Or does it infringe users’ privacy?
- Is global warming a real threat or a myth?
- Is it appropriate to abolish or increase sex education taught in schools?
- Is it appropriate to ban alcohol advertising?
- Is it appropriate to show violent or sex programs on TV?
- Is making use of mobile phones when driving something acceptable? Or should it be prohibited?
- Is nuclear energy a form of safety energy source?
- Is obtaining university or college degree mandatory to achieve success?
- Is patriotic education necessary?
- Is third world war a phenomenon that is likely to happen?
- Is true that men are cleverer than women?
- Must we depend on technology for everything?
- Security cameras put people’s privacy at risk
- Should cloning activities be banned or acceptable?
- Should corporate punishment practiced in schools?
- Should gay marriage be legalized in every democratic nation?
- Should the government allow the common citizens to have guns?
- Should the government ban pornography?
- Should the government forbid application of heroin in tobacco?
- Should unfair mass media coverage be punishable?
- Some individuals are involved in long distance relationships. Does it really work?
- The significance of optional energy sources
- Vegetarianism is an idea that is nowadays encouraged. It is healthy?
- What are the merits and demerits of conservatism?
- Which is better; living in rural areas or living in urban areas?
Thank you and Enjoy!